Worthy Living
In a famous scene in Manhattan (1979), Woody Allen says:
What would I say?
"Why is life worth living? It's a very good question. Um... Well, There are certain things I guess that make it worthwhile. uh... Like what... okay... um... For me, uh... ooh... I would say... what, Groucho Marx, to name one thing... uh... um... and Wilie Mays... and um... the 2nd movement of the Jupiter Symphony... and um... Louis Armstrong, recording of Potato Head Blues... um... Swedish movies, naturally... Sentimental Education by Flaubert... uh... Marlon Brando, Frank Sinatra... um... those incredible Apples and Pears by Cezanne... uh... the crabs at Sam Wo's... uh... Tracy's face... "
What would you say?
"Why is life worth living? It's a very good question. Um... Well, There are certain things I guess that make it worthwhile. For me, um... definitely Woody Allen... and um, mathematics... Mali's Shankarabharanam, um... Ooh - Swami and Friends by RK Narayan... Um, Brian Lara's batting obviously... Swedish movies, naturally... diluted beer at Pecos, A.R.Rahman, Sanjay Subamanian live..."
An update: Disktop has just reminded me of good sweet milky tea. That gets duly added to this list!
8 replies:
Good milky sweet tea. And conversations over good sweet milky tea. and the preludes and interludes to drinking good sweet milky tea. Sometimes the overtures to good sweet milky tea. Bike rides to and back from good sweet milky tea.
Fuck, how did i forget the good sweet milky tea?
Erm. Mughal stories? Of love and hate and stuff that movies are made of?
Movies?
Bollywood especially :)
The smell of new books.
Cliches. :)
Tropical iceberg.
Erm.
Gosh.
Maybe some other time :)
long hours of guilt-free sleep during winters with a thick rug on top of me. and a coffee when i wake up.
@missquoted
Tropical Iceberg?! Seriously?
@sharan
yeah - those delhi winters! maybe i should make a trip up there in jan just to get a taste of the winter...
HEY! I don't subscribe to the tea and coffee drinkers club...unless it's icy cool tropical iceberg :)
A thick rug and all is fine during winters. But what about when you have to get out of them? Huh?
I drink cocoa in the morning myself, but I love my cup of watery tea - and in some circumstances and environments, god sweet milky tea.
I think, for me at least, Tropical Iceberg's been overkilled!
I enjoy the freeziness of winter - the only thing I dont enjoy is the blocked nose that goes with it.
Post a Comment