Old-fashioned Tag
Tagged by Shankari.
My oldest memory:
Weird Memory - I distincly remember, and I know I remember nothing before in such vividness - I'm sitting in my LKG class. Lalitha Somayaji Teacher (who used to live in the street behind ours - thin, fair lady with glasses) is making us write alphabets. I've forgotten to take my slate to school that day, so I have to use some crummy school slate. But the advantage with the school slate is that there are these dots (basically, spots of rust). I love connecting dots. And so I connect. Lalitha teacher sitting at least twenty feet away somehow realises that I'm not writing alphabets and tells me off.
What shocks me is the detailing - it was a slate with an orange border. Lalitha teacher was wearing a green sari. There used to be this girl in my class (whom I got teased with by the entire family for years) called Avantika whose birthday it was on that day.
Ten years ago:
I was in the ninth standard. I wore black-rimmed glasses. I used to sing Kalyani at every given opportunity (nothing's change on that front!).
I built a time capsule, what would it contain:
WTF is a time capsule?
This year:
Isn't over yet. ('Pickchar abhi baaki hai mere dost')
14 years from now:
I'll be 38. Aargh. Its not even a prime number. Digressing, that's what worries me these days. From next Wednesday, for six years, I wont encounter a prime number.
Therefore, I tag anyone reading this, whose age is a prime number.
8 replies:
So you're no longer in the prime of your life, aa?
oho, super-fast ri!
:)
I can not believe I lost out on a tag because of a technicality.
I realize I am rather early, but Happy Birthday :)
wikipedia time capsule.. it's an interesting concept. i think this tag was created for the sole purpose of furthering and popularising the idea of a time capsule. still, though, i think a time capsule should mean time machine. (i was sent a long email after i did this tag about what a time capsule is, and my shortcomings in the field of such knowledge. i should show that mail to you sometime.)
@suhas
Haha. That's such a PD joke! The Alladis and the Mamidipudis of the world are all collectively proud of you.
@shankari
Yes. Sometimes, we do react.
@Sita
Just did. Hmmmm. Interesting indeed.
@ad libber
You can do the tag if you want to.
i will se a prime number next year, and then two years later, but not now :p
hyabby barthaday!
fasht, (as our favourite little brother would say) turn 20. And then talk of encountering prime numbers often.
Prime Number and then again in six years!
PS. Isn't 29 a prime number?
Post a Comment