May 6, 2009

Joke for the Day - III

Q: In a temple rathotsava, when the chariot was taken around, the men were in front of the chariot while the women were behind it. Why?

A: The men were pulling.

(Har Har)
(Har Har Mahadev)
***

PS: Excuse the lack of longer posts. They will come today/tomorrow.

9 replies:

Anonymous said...

?

aandthirtyeights said...

@Anon
The pulling/streeling dichotomy, da/di.

Suhas said...

Yeesh *cringes*. On a vaguely related note, our faculty advisor at the University was named Dr.Ling. This caused some amusement among the Indian contingent.

Anjana R said...

first carnatic humor and now sanskrit humor. nice. :)

Ludwig said...

Ada paavi.

Do you know what a Har is?

No?

Peruse. Search for the word.

aandthirtyeights said...

@Suhas
Haha. I should've had faculty like that. The closest I got was Dandapani.

@Anjana
Ess. Wide range of humour abilities we have. Even Shakespeare we can crack jokes about.

@Ludwig
Har har. (Lovely poem, btw. I am inspired to try and repeat the prozect. Also, I am in Hyderabad for 3 days. Where are you?)

Idyll Mind said...

Ok. This I've heard before.

RukmaniRam said...

teeheehee

aandthirtyeights said...

@Prabha
You must have - someone would've thought of this before me.

@RR
A Joke Jedi such as yourself teeheeing! I am honoured.